Tips for saving electricity
- Install a timer switch to your geyser. It is not expensive and it genuinely saves money on your electricity bill every month.
- Change your light bulbs to LED light bulbs. It initially costs a little more but will last longer and save electricity in the long run.
- Switch off appliances that you don’t use at the plug, not just on the appliance switch.
- Set your geyser at a lower temperature during summer.
- Appliances with elements use the most power in your household. These include heaters, oven, hairdryers, kettles, toasters and microwave ovens. Rather use more blankets in winter than heaters.
- Tumble dryers and dishwashers also use a great deal of electricity. Rather hang washing out to dry and only switch on these appliances when you have a full load.