Electrical safety

Do not enter an electrical power substation, or other marked areas.

Rather tape extension cords to walls and floors. Nails and staples can damage extension cords causing fire and shock hazards.

When an outlet is unusually warm or hot that may be a sign of an electrical fault. Unplug any cords or extension cords to these outlets and do not use it. Call a qualified electrician to find the fault and fix it.

Know where the panel and circuit breakers are located in case of an emergency.

Label all circuit breakers and fuse boxes clearly. Each switch should be positively identified as to which outlet or appliance it is for.

Check extension cords and plugs daily. Do not use worn or damaged cords.

Do not touch a person or electrical apparatus in the event of an electrical accident. Always disconnect the power source first.

Do not plug several items into one outlet.

Pull the plug, not the cord. Do not disconnect power supply by pulling or jerking the cord from the outlet. Pulling the cord causes wear and may cause a shock.

Designed and Hosted by: HS Technologies
Copyright © 2014 LJS Electrical